Overview of Tourism in Zambia
Acknowledged as one of the safest countries in the world to visit, Zambia is the land of friendly people, glorious sunsets, ancient traditions and mystic legends, of nature at its wildest and most exquisite.
Blessed with over 20 magnificent waterfalls apart from the spectacular Victoria Falls, Zambia offers tours to adventure-seekers into the remote undeveloped rural areas where you can get a glimpse of village life. Zambia has the largest water resource in the whole of southern Africa with five massive lakes and plentiful rivers offering excellent fishing.
There is a wide variety and a profusion of wildlife both large and small and over 740 bird species. So it is a birder’s paradise too!
Zambian Tourism takes into account the spectacular waterfalls the country is blessed with. Among them is the magnificent Victoria Falls with awe inspiring and spectacular views. Livingstone city, as the Adventure Centre, has a wide selection of hi-action activities such as world class river rafting, bungee jumping into the deep gorge below the falls, abseiling, canoeing safaris down the Zambezi, river surfing, excellent tiger fishing or even watching the breathtaking African sunsets on Lake Kariba.
Equally so, the lodging opportunities for an African Safari Vacation are varied to suit almost any taste, and budget. On one end of the spectrum, you can rent timeshare at five-star luxury resorts to pamper you after a long day. On the other end, you may prefer something closer to nature, in which case you can find rustic lodges and camps. If you love Zambia, and want to return again and again, a timeshare rental may be a good way to see if the accommodation you have chosen suits, without a long term commitment. Zambia African Safari © ZAS 2004.
Quick Zambia Fact File
- Size 752 000 square kilometres
- Population 14.3 million, 73 dialects and 7 main tribes
- Land Linked to 8 neighbours – Regional Hub
- Access – four International Airports
- Over 33 % land mass dedicated to wildlife estate
- 45% of total water resource in southern Africa is in Zambia
- Total width of the Victoria Falls is 1.7kms out of which 1.2kms is in Zambia
-The Victoria Falls – greatest curtain of falling water in the world
-The Devils Pool on Victoria Falls was voted one of the best natural swimming pools in the world
- 20 National Parks and 36 Game Management Areas
- Over 470 bird species,
- Over five major rivers, and five major lakes
- Zambia ranked 3rd out of the best 50 Travel Destination Hotspots: 50 Travel Destinations That Will Be Huge In The Next 10 Years
- Huey helicopter flights at Victoria Falls and the Busanga Plains hot air balloon flights in Zambia rated among the top 11 amazing ways to experience Africa from the air: 11 amazing ways to experience Africa from the air
- Zambia is celebrating her 51st Independence Anniversary on the 24th October, 2015. Zambia has known no conflict since independence. Peaceful nation!